Thorne Zinc Picolinate
Thorne offers two highly absorbable forms of zinc, Zinc Picolinate and Zinc Bisglycinate.
Zinc Picolinate is zinc that is bound to the organic acid picolinic acid, which is naturally made in the body from the amino acid L-Tryptophan. Zinc Bisglycinate is zinc that is bound to two molecules of the amino acid glycine.
Benefits of Thorne’s Zinc supplement suite.
- Zinc is necessary for the development and function of the cells related to our immune response
- Essential for activation of a certain group of white blood cells – called T-lymphocytes (T-cells) – that moderate the body’s inflammatory response during times of immune stress
- Studies have found that the antioxidant-promoting properties of zinc help mitigate oxidative stress – a process that damages cells and tissues and can lead to several chronic health conditions
- Promotes healthy skin and eye
- Needed to support the body's normal production of testosterone, a hormone essential for promoting lean muscle mass